Sri Lanka’s coastal and oceanic waters are home to a diverse array of fish species, offering ample opportunities for anglers to target various types of fish. Here are some of the common and prized species that you might encounter during a line Deep Sea Trawling fishing trip in Sri Lanka:
1. Tuna: Sri Lanka’s waters are known for their abundant populations of tuna, including species such as yellowfin tuna, skipjack tuna, and occasionally bigeye tuna. These powerful and fast-swimming fish are highly sought after by anglers for their fighting capabilities and excellent table fare.
2. Sailfish and Marlin: The deep waters off the coast of Sri Lanka provide habitat for sailfish and marlin, both of which are prized for their extraordinary speed and acrobatic leaps when hooked. These majestic and formidable sport fish present an exhilarating challenge for anglers seeking a thrilling big game fishing experience.
3. Mahi-Mahi (Dorado): Mahi-mahi, also known as dorado or dolphinfish, are another popular catch in Sri Lankan waters. With their vibrant colors and energetic fighting style, these fish make for an exciting addition to any fishing excursion.
4. Snapper and Groupers: For anglers looking to target delicious and prized table fare, species such as snapper and groupers inhabit the rocky reefs and underwater structures around Sri Lanka. These bottom-dwelling fish offer a satisfying challenge and reward for those seeking a savory seafood meal.
5. Barracuda and King Mackerel: Both barracuda and king mackerel are commonly encountered predators in the waters around Sri Lanka. These fast and aggressive fish are known for their sharp teeth and high-speed strikes, making for an adrenaline-pumping fishing experience.
6. Wahoo: Wahoo, with their striking speed and powerful runs, are another prized species that anglers may encounter during line deep sea trawling fishing trips. Known for their sharp teeth and streamlined bodies, wahoo offer an exhilarating challenge for those targeting offshore pelagic species.
It’s important to note that the availability of specific fish species can vary depending on the season, location, and depth of the fishing grounds. The experienced guides and crew at Sun Diving Center can provide valuable insights into the best times and locations to target specific fish, enhancing the likelihood of a successful and rewarding fishing experience.
Each of these fish species offers unique characteristics and challenges, making a line deep sea trawling fishing trip in Sri Lanka an exciting opportunity to target a diverse range of fish. Whether it’s the thrill of battling a powerful tuna, the acrobatics of a leaping sailfish, or the satisfaction of landing a delicious snapper, the waters of Sri Lanka are teeming with angling opportunities for enthusiasts of all levels.
Time: 6 am
Duration: Approximately 3-4hrs
Meeting Location: Sun Diving Centre
Pay just 10% online now to book your spot! The remaining balance is to be paid at the dive centre. We accept cash, bank transfer (Revolut, Wise and Monzo without any extra fee) and card payments (+3% bank surcharge applies).
All Prices Include Boat, Fishing Gear, Bites and Fisherman.